Our life has been CRAZY!! Since my last post we’ve taken some major decisions, made huge leaps and put into action our faith like never before. I’m gonna number them so that I don’t loose you (or myself) along the way:
1. This year in spring we’ve decided to go back to the UK as the opportunity to plant a church arose;
2. Left for Birmingham in the summer to plant Emmaus Church and seek God’s plan for us there (see below a picture of our first ‘formal’ service meeting);
3. Moved in a house with 2 other big families (3 babies and 2 toddlers) and started to make things happen;
4. Chris and I were on our own for the first time thanks to God’s grace of providing us with a hoist;
5. Launched our business, Mezei Design in August (launch of our website in the pic below);
6. Decided to go ecological all of a sudden and changed our entire way we did life in about a week;
7. I (Nicoleta) got a job in the Marketing area ;
8. Celebrated our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY (see photos), crazy!!! Life with Chris is sooooo good, like I never imagined. He is an amazing man and husband, each day is a gift for us when we are together.
Now, 4 months have passed since we settled in Birmingham, amazing how blessed we’ve been in all areas! And it’s awesome to be part of a church plant (in our living room!) and to see first hand how Jesus is alive and how he changes lives!
Barmouth, Wales on our first anniversary
And something we’ve been meaning to do since our wedding, a video summary of the wedding day.
Last year, a month before the wedding, we went on an amazing and serene trip to the Danube Delta. Although I live about 200 km away from the delta I have never been there. We sailed down the Danube on a restaurant type small ship with Chris’s family for 2 days with a night’s stop in a small village at The Big Fish Vila.
I am a water lover, but I generally prefer rapid rivers in the mountains. But the Delta just impressed me immensely; the quietness and the beauty of the channels of water and the flora and fauna are unique, just as the Danube Delta is unique in the world. I couldn’t put the camera down for the most of the trip. But I did take some time to take a swim :)!
An army of pelicans!
Such a packed year 2011. Probably the most eventful and crazy, in a very positive way. We have been so blessed by so many people, we’ve crossed valleys but also reached mountain tops, and every second we felt God’s hand at work. Oh, He is so faithful! Wedding preps, moving house, finishing Uni, going through the wedding, travelling abroad 3 times this year, graduation and starting a new life as a couple, in all of these we had many answered prayers.
Since the beginning of December Chris and I began to create our own family traditions, little things that will be only ours to pass down. And I think it’s working, and we’re having lots of fun whilst at it. Three months have gone since our wedding but it really seems longer, like we’ve been together since forever and we cannot perceive everyday life without each other (it might sound cheesy but that’s how we feel, and many times life IS cheesy! :D). We said it to many people and we say it again, we strongly recommend marriage :)! Can’t wait to enjoy our first Christmas together!