Our life has been CRAZY!! Since my last post we’ve taken some major decisions, made huge leaps and put into action our faith like never before. I’m gonna number them so that I don’t loose you (or myself) along the way:
1. This year in spring we’ve decided to go back to the UK as the opportunity to plant a church arose;
2. Left for Birmingham in the summer to plant Emmaus Church and seek God’s plan for us there (see below a picture of our first ‘formal’ service meeting);
3. Moved in a house with 2 other big families (3 babies and 2 toddlers) and started to make things happen;
4. Chris and I were on our own for the first time thanks to God’s grace of providing us with a hoist;
5. Launched our business, Mezei Design in August (launch of our website in the pic below);
6. Decided to go ecological all of a sudden and changed our entire way we did life in about a week;
7. I (Nicoleta) got a job in the Marketing area ;
8. Celebrated our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY (see photos), crazy!!! Life with Chris is sooooo good, like I never imagined. He is an amazing man and husband, each day is a gift for us when we are together.
Now, 4 months have passed since we settled in Birmingham, amazing how blessed we’ve been in all areas! And it’s awesome to be part of a church plant (in our living room!) and to see first hand how Jesus is alive and how he changes lives!
Barmouth, Wales on our first anniversary
And something we’ve been meaning to do since our wedding, a video summary of the wedding day.
Sacrifice (/ˈsakrɪfʌɪs/): an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.
As we were studying the topic of “love is sacrifice” this past week we realized that we don’t know much about it. And we certainly don’t do it in its primary sense, as in giving up something very precious for someone else.
But God did. Jesus did. He sacrificed everything for a people so unworthy, so hardhearted and stubborn. For me, even though he knew I will not choose to follow Him on my own, that I will sin and brake His heart. God died for me in the most brutal way possible. Think of God dying…very hard to imagine isn’t it?
Not many recognize Jesus’s sacrifice. And not many know what acknowledging it will do for their lives: “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1John 4:9-10).
1 John 5:11
“And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”
Watch the video to understand how this looks like for those who say ‘yes’ to the blood shed 2000 years ago, by Jesus on the cross.
“But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10-12
“For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6